Sunday, June 11, 2006

Busy basset day was had today.

I went for a walk while N.mom decided to do something in the morning. My taller mom had to take me for a long walk because I was bored. When I'm bored, I get well, a bit well, uncontrollable.

After that, we piled into old blue and drove down the freeway to West Seattle where I got to visit another farmer's market. I understand that this may be the last one I get to actually participate in as I'm getting heavy. Sigh. I was oohed and aahed at and they finally got my age correct, I'm a three month old basset, not a 12 week old puppy.

I'm not sure how I feel about having my paws fondled.

After that, we ran an errand and then I went home and took a nap. They are calling me heliobasset, I guess that means I like the sun.

I was very comfortable when I was picked up and thrown into the car again. This time we went somewhere with good smells and my people took turns going into a room and coming back with glasses of white and red stuff that they kept on commenting on. I stayed in the courtyard and greeted my public. The development director for the Arboretum Foundation thought I was pretty cute and spent a lot of time scritching me. I even managed to scam a few bisquits and water from the nice people there.

We then drove a bit further and parked in the shade and went to a school with lots of people. I stayed with my taller mom and took a nap on a bench in the courtyard while all these young people in gowns walked by. It was nice and all on the bench, but they kept on waking me up with all the loud noises.

I got to see my grand mere and the rest of the family and managed to scam a few treats.

I was very tired when I got home.

My stomach is still a bit tender, so I'm still eating rice, chicken and cottage cheese. I'm still a skinny puppy (isn't that a name of a band?), so I'm eating lots of meals, but I'm still very hungry.

N.Mom is hoping that I won't be disappointed tomorrow when life returns to normal.

Well, its past my basset bedtime.

e.dd

1 comment:

jk said...

glad to hear you're feeling better....but that bland diet must be quite a bore.

perhaps we can see a pic of you and gran'mere????and with the moms, please!