Monday, October 27, 2008

the greening of ernest

I was let go by my dog walker.

Yup. I did not come back when she called me.

I guess I didn't do the right thing, but my mom's friends all say (or are
trying to make her feel better) and say that most dogs don't come back to someone
the first time they go somewhere with them. Mostly, because I can't even remember what she looked like.

So, we're working on recall now. I am good at it when I am an one on one basset, even at the park or outdoors.

My mom isn't so happy because the dog walker didn't call her until Sunday afternoon to tell her this.

My Tmom says that this weekend we can practice at work on a long leash with lots of biscuits!

Nmom is still going to take me to the park, but is going to be a hard ass about my comings and goings.

ernest really going to sleep now

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should make all your walkers wear the same silly hat so you can recognize us at a distance?

TCV

Mony said...

E. don't despair

Moses' boy, Stuart was let go by the nuns at about your same age and booted to public school where he had to serve three hard years of penance, which is a lifetime in dog years.

He bounced back and speaks German and Russian and has graduated college.

It's really a rite of passage to be let go...

I also know a genius who was kicked out of Montessori.
Love,
Mony

Joe Stains said...

uh oh, sounds like you are in trouble dude. Sorry about that. I don't listen so well either.

Anonymous said...

I am certain that it was dog sitter's fault. She very likely was not clear about when she wanted you to come. I am certain thaty if she waited long enough you would have happily returned to her side.

Next time the dog sitter should be tested on her communication skills!

Phrace