Thursday, November 01, 2007

No kissy face for a while.....

I woke up this morning with a cough, kennel cough. Strange as I have been vaccinated.

It appears that on Monday, after I was sprung from lockdown (which has very strict rules about
vaccinations), I was exposed to a puppy at work whose mom knew she had kennel cough and did
not share this information with the T mom.

Needless to say, none of the three of us is amused.

N.mom and TH mom were going to Kauai this weekend leaving me in lockdown for three days of board, spoil and motivational weight loss training for some lucky dog. Now they are staying home and I am supposed to be quarantined from other dogs for up to 10 days.

They are also worried that in my daily smoochings of my dog friends, including some of my more senior friends, I may have made them sick. I hope not.

Anyone know how to keep me amused for the next ten days?

ernest who is rasping like a two pack a day smoker

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh dear. I hope you get better soon, Ernest! Say, is there any kleenex around? Shredding kleenex is a great way to pass the time.

Sparky

Nazila Merati said...

Sparky,

Great idea. I already chewed up the back of one of N.mom's clogs on Tuesday. This will give me something else to do, keep them coming bud.

ernest

Kerrio said...

Poor Ernest.


Mind you - the thing about your actual kennel cough is. There are around 68 forms of the virus. And you can only get jabs for 2. Great stat eh?

Lots of kennels in the UK no longer bother as it's such a hit and miss affair....

But when our gang go the Falklands the will have to have the blow up the nose thing!

wally said...

Get better soon, my friend. The last case I had was a variety that circulated around my entire day care. And we all had to be vaccinated. Bummer.

wally.