Monday, November 12, 2007


They say that cats have nine lives and dogs have only one. This week I used at least two of some cats and my moms are still reeling....

First, I sampled some mocha butter cream frosting from TH mom's bd cake. Cocoa, butter, caffeine and sugar! Delish in my opinion, could have brought the coffee up a notch and maybe left more on the beater and left the dishwasher open longer so that I could have finished off the beater.

Alas, I was found out and n.mom assured TH mom that I was going to be okay.

A few days ago, I was bored and chewed the stupid protective covering of the cord so that I may not hurt those around me. In my very now aggressive chewing, I managed to basically chew the cord in half as well. Yesterday, when reaching for my squeaky, which was now next to the cord that was basically a live wire, I shocked myself, shorted out the lamp, created a little burn in the wood floor (oops), tripped the breaker, singed my whiskers on my left side and freaked the living lights out of the moms.

Needless to say, I'm busted, but at the same time, they are hugging me all the time.

My mama Stephanie said that assasination before I'm president is not such a good idea.

I'm taking it up with my advisor, Mr. Pigeon be gone Owl.

Ernest bringing light to the masses and taking it away

6 comments:

Joe Stains said...

dang buddy you need to be more careful!! you dont want to end up looking like a poodle from all that electricity!!

Kerrio said...

HOly Poodles Ernesto... this is NOT the best thing to assure your presidential bid, A Basset the world would accept, but a dead dog would not stand a chance.

Be careful out there.

Sophie Brador said...

Ernest, Ernest, Ernest, Stop scaring your moms!! And always wear rubber boats with playing with electricity.

I'm very happy you are still with us little dude.

XO
XB

2shibas said...

Ernest. Sweet, sweet Ernest.

Once you're elected President, you will have a team of bodyguards and special agents whose soul purpose will be to protect you from getting electrocuted, OD'ing on cocoa, etc. So save the funny business until then, ok? A dead Bassett will never make it on the ballot, ya know?

xo,
Wiley & Fievel

wally said...

Dude, we need to get the secret service on this to protect you from yourself. The country needs you, man.

wally.

Mony said...

whoa, talk about some operant conditioning!