Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Hola.

Remember me?

I'm running for something.

I'm beside myself this week. Last week, something my grandmere made for dinner did not work well with my tiny tender stomach, so the moms expended much energy to create delicious home cooked meals for me. I loved them.

Then they ruined it by buying kibble that is for dental health.

It was awful.

So, I refused to eat it and pretended I was sick again.

You get the picture?

Now, they are on to me and have bought me new food for canines who desire variety in their lives. Its sort of working, but I'm still holding out for orzo, cottage cheese, steamed butternut squash and organic chicken breast.

Now they are on my case to get my teeth brushed on a daily basis. I am getting more patient, but they are threatening me with another cleaning. I may be a handsome lad, but my breath leaves something to be desired.

When I had my teeth cleaned the last time, my xrays were sent to a doggie dentist who pointed out that my dental care could be better attended to with a electric toothbrush.

Uh, no. Thanks, I'm already tortured by the dremel twice a month, why add to my misery?

Instead I put up with n.mom putting her hand in my mouth and brushing my teeth with delicious poultry flavored goo and TH mom trying hard not to wretch while she holds me down.

Its tons of fun and fun for the whole family.

ernest trying to get the endorsement of four out of five dentists

4 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Okay Ernest, It's time you have a talk with your moms, because this is all so easy. Tell you need organic turkey necks every two or three days. Or organic chicken necks, if you're still a bitty guy with a tender tummy. I'm telling you, it's the way to go. Keeps your teeth super clean. I still look like I have puppy teeth, they are so white, and lovely breath. And I'm 9! So, you let me know how that works out for you and I'm working on my mom for some of that squash.

xo
SB

wally said...

That meal sounds delectable. I would consider holding out for orzo, squash and chicken if I weren't such a greedy bastard who will eat anything. But I'm with Sophie, turkey necks work wonders. Though I must confess that my teeth are quite wrecked from injuries suffered before I adopted the ma ape. I might be British (don't tell--I want to cast my vote in your direction).

wally.

Charlie said...

Hold out for the orzo, cottage cheese, steamed butternut squash and organic chicken breast, Ernest, and I'll take care of all that other food for you in the meantime.
- Charlie

Megan said...

Ernesto... you NEED more bones. Don't let those moms talk you out of it. Dentist NO. Bone YES.

4 out of 5 SUMDs recommend them.