Sunday, July 01, 2012

it is not copper river?

This blog has not been updated for a few weeks. Why? Apes have been busy doing THINGS that purportedly take precedence over my communication outreach.  (Note to ape in career transition: my blog presence may be the reason you land an awesome job, love, E. )

Well, to tell you the truth, the last two weeks around here have centered around ME! Unfortunately, not in a very uplifting and positive way.  I have hurt my back, badly. I ruptured a disc and hurt a nerve, and was very uncomfortable and scared the moms very much.  I am lucky because I could still walk, sit, pee and stand on my own.  I have had x-rays and a MRI and now my own neurologist. She loves me and was very impressed by my demeanor and general handsomeness. However, she is strict and told the moms that I had to be on kennel rest, with a few short walks a day, no running, no t-boning at the park and no jumping on anything. If I am careful and calm, I will be better without any surgery.

I am not allowed to do stairs for a while. Tmom figured out a route that would let me visit Casa Beagle without any stairs! We dined al fresco! I stayed in my kennel while  being tormented by Annie. Its not perfect, but it is better than staring at my the walls of my x-pen all day.

I know why the caged Basset howls

The neurologist stated there would be no percussive motion for a long time.  Does this mean no drum playing? How about the cymbals?



Fine.

Feeling poorly

I will continue looking sad and dismissive until I get drumming lessons.

Ernest who knows why the caged basset howls.



2 comments:

eM said...

E. We talked about this. You are six now. Buck up big boy. Love, Auntie eM

Katja said...

Oh, poor baby! Get better soon.